October 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
I’m quite excited about Halloween this year. It’s not usually a big thing for us but we’ve moved to a new house and our little girl is old enough now to join in, so we’re going to dress up and carve pumpkins and do the whole Halloween thang. Our house has an unusually high number of spiders in residence anyway (big ones!), so we won’t have to decorate much…
I’ve also been thinking about doing a special Halloween reading. Obviously, this year I’m committed to the Haindl, but I don’t see why I can’t have a little fun with it. I’m thinking about trying out this spread that I came up with a long time ago but never got round to using.
What about you? Do you have any Halloween tarot rituals? What’s your favourite deck or spread to use at Halloween?
(Click the Ace of Pumpkins to see a range of fun and friendly decks for Halloween, all with 10% off!)
October 9, 2007 § 7 Comments
I know Halloween is still three weeks away, but that gives you plenty of time to try out this chilling spread. I’m a big fan of urban legends, so I thought I’d have a go at a spread based on one of the most famous urban legends of all: The Killer in the Backseat.
1. You – the hapless victim – mwahaha!
2. The Killer in the Backseat – a hidden danger, something that’s gonna getcha if you don’t act fast
3. The Dark and Lonely Highway – this is the route you definitely DON’T want to take (i.e. what not to do)
4. The End of the Road – this is the sticky end you’ll come to if you choose the wrong path
5. The Well-Lit and Extremely Safe Highway – take this road if you want to live…
6. Home Sweet Home – where you’ll end up if you manage to last the night
7. The Gas Station Attendant – something or someone that will help you
Have fun, and remember – don’t have nightmares. [Insert crashing organ music here.]