A Friend in Need Spread
August 22, 2007 § 2 Comments
This is a spread designed to help you figure out the best way to support a friend or loved one who is having a hard time. The first five cards (the centre cards) all relate to your friend and the situation they’re in and the last four (the outer cards) are advice cards for you. In that way, the spread shows you creating a circle of support around your friend.
1. The heart of the matter – the problem or situation
2. Underlying cause or motivation – often an internal aspect which has contributed to the situation
3. Past influences – an external factor or event in the past which has led to the present situation
4. Manifestation – the effect the situation is having on your friend or those around them
5. Future potential – the opportunity for growth that lies in the situation
6. What practical support can I give my friend?
7. What attitude can I adopt to help my friend?
8. How can I best communicate with my friend about this situation?
9. What emotional support can I give my friend?